In a recent bulk lot I acquired another Dr. Murdoch sr, missing his white coat & accessories (as is usually the case). But since I already have Dr & Mrs Murdoch I wondered what to do with him? Not many collectors want a figure with things missing... So I decided to get creative.
Friday, 29 July 2016
Since I started collecting Sylvanian Families again, I've ended up with multiple copies of the same figure. Often they have a small flaw or are missing original clothing. I don't mind these issues, I'm the kind of collector that seeing a vintage damaged figure & buys it, if only to give it a loving home! (My poor May Blossom is the perfect example of this)
Friday, 22 July 2016
Recently I bought a Field View Mill to convert to a lighthouse (at that time there wasn't a Sylvanian lighthouse).
1. First step- take the top off the mill
There is a lovely groove which makes the conversion easier.
2. Second step, cut a circle the size of the base of the blue observatory.
3. Cut a straight piece approximately 11cm wide & long enough to wrap around the circle.
4. Glue together & place on top story. Make sure it sits snuggly inside the groove.
It's starting to take shape.
5. Cut the style of lighthouse lantern that you want.